Thursday, April 14, 2011

Slice and Dice

Two out of the last three times I went to class were knife defense oriented.  Very fun!  The instructor went over how to block two live side cross body slash with the slash pattern essentially making an "X",  and another live side low slash.  I'm still somewhat proficient from my time in the Corps with knife fighting, although I will not claim to be an expert nor would I willingly engage in a knife fight if I can get away.  At the end our training partner had his choice of the three slashes to use and it was my job to evade or block.  Something I've experienced, and my partner did it tonight, is that guys get too caught up in blocking every single move.  It does not have to go down that way.  Be patient, evade the attacker's strikes/slashes until the attacker throws something you can easily block, parry, or grab. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Try to keep it professional.